Copyright © 2019
The Texas Sidecar Co.
At Texas Sidecars we answer a lot of questions about sidecars and sidecar driving. Below we have listed a few of the most frequently asked questions. If you don’t see an answer to your sidecar question here, then drop us an e-
Please keep in mind that the answers are only our opinions, based upon our experiences in the sidecarring field over the last 20 years. This doesn’t mean they are gospel, but they do have some foundation. We advise each individual to ask lots of questions, weigh the answers and then do what makes the most sense and feels right to him or her.
Select the section you want to read by clicking on the heading or the links below.
FAQs Part 1:
1. Which is better: a trike or sidecar?
2. What is the difference in cost betwee a trike and a sidecar?
3. We’d like to come visit your showroom -
FAQs Part 2:
4. Are there any issues about matching the bike to the sidecar?
5. Are sidecars easy to install?
6. Are they easy to take on and off?
FAQs Part 3:
7. Do I need to alter my steering geometry?
8. Do I need a steering dampener? Along with: I have some front end shake around 15 to 30 mph. How do I eliminate that?
9. Do I need a sidecar brake?
10. Buying a used sidecar: when a bargain is not a bargain.